Vintage Inspired Globe
Hope you’ll enjoy this Vintage Inspired Globe. I love vintage inspired room decor and the whole Victorian theme. Pretty as a gift or just a perfect excuse to make something with leaf gold – soo satisfying :D
A thrifted globe
Acrylic paint (white, brown, pearly pink and gold)
Glue for gold leaves
Thin gold foil leaf sheets
A fine tipped brush
A fluffy brush
1 Paint the metal part
- Place some masking tape on one side of the globe. Then turn the globe, so that the tape is underneath the metal part.
- Paint the metal part with white acrylic paint.
- Paint the metal part with brown acrylic paint.
2 Paint the globe
- Paint all the ‘water’ with white acrylic paint.
- Paint the ‘water’ with pearly pink acrylic paint.
- Paint the ‘land’ with gold, so that if the leaf gold should flake, it wouldn’t be as noticeable.
3 Add gold leaves
- Cover the ‘land’ with glue and wait for the glue to become tacky, about 30 min. or the time listed on your specific glue.
- Place sheets of gold leaf on top of the glue and carefully brush over the area with a fluffy brush, to make sure all the glue is covered with gold leaves. Leave it for min. 2 hours.
- Dust away all the excess gold and enjoy :)
Best of luck <3